Hello,
After migrating to a next-gen project then discovering the severe limitations to basic functionality, I figure I'd ask the community. After all, Atlassian wouldn't put out a product to their customers that was just completely missing solutions to their most common needs... right?
1) Canceling issues
We all know that issues are not always completed successfully. Classic projects had obvious solutions to address this that next-gen removed entirely. Now we are only allowed a single 'completed' status.
What is the best practice for canceling a ticket (please don't say 'delete it')? Is there one that doesn't involve extra fields and unnecessary extra work for users compared to classic? What's Atlassian's thinking behind not supporting a 'Cancelled' status in next-gen?
2) Required fields
Every field I have on my issues are relevant and should all be completed by the time an issue is completed. Some should have been filled in immediately on creation, some have clear checkpoints where they should have been confirmed filled in prior to moving to a new status. Some could have been filled in automatically, but unfortunately next-gen is severely limited with its rules / automation abilities.
So what is the best practice in next-gen to ensure users fill out the fields they need to?
Currently I see no way to restrict progress or creation of a ticket based on field requirements. In fact, the only way I see to make sure all the fields are filled in is MANUAL REVIEW. As in, I literally need to search through the issues field by field to check for blanks and follow up with the issue owner. You cannot be serious.