I want a setup when QA reopens a bug it should get auto assigned to last developer who worked on the bug. Currently QA has to select the Assignee whenever the defect has to be moved to the Reopened State. I was able to figure a similar issue related to Resolve Status by using the Post Function but I am yet to figure for the Reopened case.
Hi Rajat,
You can create a custom field which keeps value of the developer that work on the bug when/if the issue transitions to QA and assigned to that team. If the bug reopens you can just copy the value of this last developer custom field to the Assignee.
You can use post functions to achieve this since all these operations happen during issue transitions.
Yep! This is all done within the Workflow post functions if you are using Classic project. If you are using Next-gen you cannot achieve this.
Here is what I did and my findings:
1) I am able to create a custom field but how do I keep the value of the developer? The second part I was able to do wherein I can assign the value of the developer to the Assignee.
This is where I stand now "Unable to copy value from field 'Last Developer' to 'Assignee'."
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.