I've got a Kanban board set up with a Backlog. The first column in the Kanban board is "To Do". When an item is in the Backlog, I can right click and send it to the top or bottom of the backlog, and I can send it to "To Do". Typically, because of the order in which things were created, items in the backlog will de facto be at the bottom of To Do when moved there. Once in To Do, I'd like to easily send it to the top of To Do. But this option appears to be missing. All I can do to items in To Do (from the Backlog view) is to send it to the top or the bottom of the backlog (which is where I just removed it from).
Is this a bug, or has anyone else observed this weird limitation? If there's already a discussion about this or a request ticket somewhere, I've been unable to find it.
Given that even my To Do column in this particular board (which is an aggregate of several boards in the same project) has a few hundred items in it, manually dragging the newly placed item is a giant pain. Switching back to the Kanban view, finding the item, and then sending it to the top is cumbersome. I prefer grooming even my To Do in the Backlog view given that I can see so many more of my issues at once. But I'm stymied by the fact that I can't send an item in To Do to the bop or bottom of the "column" once it's there.
Any insight (or even commiseration) would be appreciated.