Hi All.
We are moving from an in house task management system to Jira. Im looking at importing in the tasks and the sub tasks from our system into Jira. Ive worked this out and can produce the .CSV file in the format that is required with Issue ID and Parent ID.
The issues is that in our system, under the the sub task their could be 50 - 100 Work log entries per sub task. I want to also import these in. I have read several tickets on the forum about importing comments and worklogs and I can see there are ways of doing this.
Here is my issue, I think
1) People are saying import each comment as a column, that can be 100 columns !!
2) I want to import the tasks/sub tasks and work logs all in one got. Some people have imported the Task and sub tasks as one import. Then done a separate worklog import using the issue ID that Jira Created. The problem with this is I need to know what ID Jira has created for all the tasks I have imported and linking that in some way to my current ID's
I wondered if you could do something link this
Task 1
Sub Task 2
Worklog Entry
Worklog Entry
Worklog Entry
Task 2
Sub Task 3
Worklog Entry
Worklog Entry
Is this Possible ?
This is my Monday night Challenge for the Community
Thanks in Advance