Hi All,
We have a request type that has has 3 separate approvals:
- Manager
- Department Head
- Head of HR
What I've done for now is setup an Approval on status 1 (the Approver is pulled from a field in the customer request form). The approval for status 3 is static, so this was easy to add. The issue is, I want to add a specific approver to get their Approvals in status 2 depending on which department the requester selected (again, they select their department in the customer request form. When I go to select an approver for status 2, I can only select from the following 3 options:
- Customer Selects Approvers
- Agent Selects Approvers
- Admin Selects Approvers
We want this to be as seamless as possible and since there are many different departments, and each department having a different department head this seems a bit tricky to get down.
Example:
- Customer fills out request form, selects "Sales" as Department
- Head of Sales is Jonny Appleseed.
- When status 1 gets approved, I want Johnny to get a notification that his approval is needed.
- Another customer fills out request form, selects "Marketing" as department
- Head of Marketing is Don Vito
- When status 1 gets approved, I want Johnny to get a notification that his approval is needed.
I want different approvers to get notified based on the selection of Department, how would I achieve this?
Note, my current workaround is I've created a bunch of Project Automation Rules under Project Settings > Apps > Project Automation and these automations check for when the issue transitions from status 1 to status 2. However, this just send the department head an email rather than actually adding them as an approver.
Thank you all