I'm trying to enable my first Automations on a Jira Software Cloud instance and the rules are consistently failing, I believe for permissions related issues, but I can't prove that.
The rule should create a new custom Issue Type named 'Project' when a new Version is added under the same Project's Releases.

The problem I have is that I always get an error stating "Project or Issue Type not set".
I'm having a hard time understanding what that error means. The rule is explicitly scoped to a single project and the "Create a new" action definitely indicates the Issue Type it should create.
I initially thought that this was a permissions problem, and based on other community posts I've already confirmed that the Default Permission Scheme that's assigned to my Classic Project has the 'Project Role "atlassian-addons-project-access" set for all of the Issue Type permissions.
Any help would be much appreciated!