My team is annoyed by many jira update notifications they get when Automation for Jira populates/updates custom fields.
As a scrum master, I have setup various custom fields to keep track of who or when a certain action was initiated within our development process.
For example: who added an issue to the sprint, when did this happen, who transitioned an issue to a certain status, ...
Developers are actively using jira notifications to help them keep track of relevant changes in watched/owned issues and I see now that these updates initiated by my Automation rules are spamming them and thereby decreasing the information value of jira update notifications.
So how can I disable Jira notifications when certain Automation rule is executed?
I have searched extensively and one way would be to use rest api to temporarily switch to a different notification scheme - however currently apparently only visible fields can be modified via rest api from Automation for Jira.
Any thoughts or any plans to implement this feature?