I have created a new "next gen pojrect" and am working on creating a Request and associated workflow. I need a request to gather these things, then I'll share the decision tree (its very simple):
- A product name (dropdown, select one)
- A customer identifier (freeform text, we have thousands of these internally but no way to consume in Jira today..)
- A summary (freeform text, build-in field)
- A description (freeform text, a build-in field)
- An urgency (dropdown, select one)
I want a workflow that looks at the product name and sends an forces an approval from a specific person based on that product name. I can build a workflow that will generically request approval from whatever list I provide, but there's no IF/THEN logic. I also looked at Jira Automation but it just reuses that workflow logic, it can send an email to "approvers" but there's no logic to group an approver with that product name.
This seems so easy and logical, why is it complicated?