Hi JIRA users,
I have emails and attachement that come to my mail box from others that I want to keep them together in a JIRA ticket. would you please let know the quick way to do it?
Thanks
Hi Quan,
The easiest way is to upload the email to the corresponding ticket through the attachment.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/attach-files-and-screenshots-to-issues/
Thanks Ollie. Yes I know that method but would require me to login to the jira to drag and drop / or upload.
someone showed me before (now I forgot) that there's a dedicated email address that I can forward the email to, and put only the jira ticket id in the subject line, and send without having to opening the jira ticket or log into jira.
maybe I should ask the jira support within my organization.
Hi,
Did you get an answer to this as I have the same question. How to send an email directly to Jira ticket from Outlook using a dedicated email address for the ticket..
Thanks.
I recently starting using the Jira Cloud Plugin for Outlook by Atlassian and it is a very slick plugin. I use Outlook for Mac (which has gotten pretty good over the last 6 months).
I use the Jira Cloud Plugin for Outlook on Mac as well and am able to create/update Jira issues directly from outlook.
It also attaches the email (along with attachments) to the Jira ticket in a new section titled Attached emails
I haven't however been able to find a way to link to these Attached emails in the Jira Description or Comments.
Any idea how to link to Attached emails?
I have found that i can drag emails from Outlook for Mac to Jira when logged into Jira through Safari. Chrome on the Mac somehow prevents this operation
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.