I have created a Project permission scheme so that only specific roles (the people working on the project) have the Browse Project permission. However, I want users outside of that group to be able to create issues and be notified when their issues are updated, commented on, etc.
I've set up the notification scheme so that the reporter should be receiving notifications when an issue is updated, commented on, etc. and I used the notification helper to confirm.
My test account can create issues, but I am not receiving notifications unless assigned the Browse Projects permission.
I haven't been able to find any documentation that this is a known issue, am I missing something?
UPDATE: I found the documentation that states only users with the ability to browse the project will receive notifications. So I guess the new question is, how can I work around this?
Basically we want to be able to keep the work logged on it private for internal use, but still automatically notify the reporter with comments and resolutions.