Is there a simple way to apply field restriction so specific users are allowed to edit this fields.
I check the following post but need more clear steps please:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Field-access-restriction/qaq-p/173692#U1402178
Note: for now I need to find a way with purchase a new plugin.
I hope there a way using Jira cloud automation
Hi Bayan - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
I think all of the add-ons for field level security are for the Server product and not Jira Cloud.
Automation for Jira will not do it because automation only happens as a result of something else happening. It cannot prevent the event from happening itself. Typically, preventing events from happening are done with Conditions or Validators.
What I usually do in Jira Cloud for this is to remove the field from the Edit screen for that project.
Then I create a self looping transition on the status and attach a transition screen to the transition with the field I want to be allowed to be updated.
Finally, I put conditions on the transition to control who can execute the transition, in effect, controlling who can update the field.
It's a little clunky, but it works for what I need it to do.
And no add-ons involved. :-)
I do appreciate share detailed steps, thank you for your kind help and support
You are very welcome!
Appreciate share detailed steps, thanks in advance
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.