We use JIRA OnDemand and Tempo and we have several users in a group called Clients.
We are trying to hide anything work log or tempo related from them. Especially emails saying "Joe User logged 3 hours on PRJ-123"
Hi Steve,
Please check Workflow Notifications for Approval Process in order to see how to disable Tempo notifications.
Thanks and regards,Paula Silveira
Hi Paula,
I don’t think this is what I was asking. When someone logs time to an issue in Jira, it sends an email to all Watchers saying “Steve has logged 3 hours to this issue”. That’s what I want to prevent from happening. I don’t want my clients receiving emails whenever the Work Log is updated.
-Steve
Pls check the notification
Events---Work Logged On Issue
Hi Ollie,
In my Notifications, 5 different Work Logged types and they are all off. Nobody is set to receive them.
Mike,
That's exactly what I'm experiencing. Very frustrating.
@Steve Parks - you're not alone on this.
I had my project setup to suppress notifications for work log updates and it worked beautifully until recently.
A couple of weeks ago my team and I started to receive notifications when work was logged to an issue. I noticed that JIRA thinks that the issue is being updated as opposed to the work log being updated. Since my team and I are setup to receive notifications about issue updates, I will receive emails about the "Time Spent" field being modified.
I guess a work around would be to add listeners for fields that you want updates for but I haven't had the time to test that out.
If someone from Atlassian was to investigate this, it may be worth noting that I started receiving the undesired "Time Spent" emails around the time JIRA upgraded to use new modals.
Hey @Steve Parks,
JIRA is aware of this. I recommend voting for and following this issue to stay in the loop.
-Mike
@Mike Solomon,
Thanks! I just voted and watched it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.