Hi there,
It's pretty straight forward. I'm trying to set a field as required.
Please note that I'm using some kind of new JIRA UI.
I found this topic: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/specifying-field-behavior-776636443.html
But it's outdated, at least for me. I don't have "issues" in my project settings.
Anyonce can help me please ?
(If only we could attach a screenshot...)
I Nicolas - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
First, you CAN include a screenshot - click the camera icon. :-)
Second, all cards/tickets/work in Jira are called issues. Things like Task, Story, Epic, etc. are issue types.
Now, to make a field required you can do it a couple of different ways. One is to add a validator to the workflow transition. If you want it required to create an issue, it should be placed on the Create transition in the workflow.
Choose Add validator and then Field Required Validator.
Or you can edit the Field Configuration used by the project. See this article for help:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/changing-a-field-configuration-844500798.html
Hi John,
Thanks for your quick reply. I actually found this link but it seems I don't have the rights to edit/configure those fields...
Even though I have admin rights
Any idea what kind of right I would need to change them ?
Click on the "." key and type Field Configuration Schemes
In that list you will see the field configuration scheme that your project is using, you can click edit and set your field as required.
Please notice that you have to be a jira administrator for that.
Best regards,
Pedro
It doesn't give me any result: "No Matches"
So I guess I'm not a jira admin then.
I'll try to ask the IT guys in my company then
Thanks a lot guys
Well, turned out I was not Jira System admin
So for whoever's facing the same issue, you know what to do...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.