I added the Jira App for Slack until I was over-whelemed by the messages. I tried to remove myself but I am still getting message notifactions popping up and I am unable to permanently leave/remove myself/delete the App and STOP notifications from reappearing in my Slack instance.
Please advise. TY
Hello Carl,
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
The steps that Jack mentioned are directly in Jira and not Slack.
I see that you are not an administrator on the Jira site, but I believe that you can remove the app from your Slack or to disable notifications.
Can you see the same option as the screenshot below? If so, you can click on "Set personal notifications" to disable notifications.
Also, please check the documentation below that has the steps to remove apps from the workspace:
Regards,Angélica
You should be able to uninstall the app under the Apps > Manage apps at the top (new navigation). Are you unable to do so? You might also reach out to their support which you will find a link to under the same Manage apps screen.
Do you have a screen shot of Apps > Manage Apps?
I do not see or can I find that...
Unfortunately, you'll need to be a Slack admin to remove the Jira Cloud for Slack app.
Hi Carl, If you are receiving notifications from the Jira Cloud for Slack app, Angélica is absolutely correct in that if you type `/jira notify` you'll be able to manage your personal notifications and turn those notifications off. I'm sorry to hear that it was tricky to find this and that we've been sending too many messages We're trying to find ways to make the default settings better, and a path back to manage this setting easier as well.Hopefully this helps, if not try typing `/jira manage` in the direct message with the bot and removing subscriptions there.Trevor ThompsonProduct Manager, Product Integrations
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.