Hi,
is there a way to edit issue layout for all projects and not just for the specific project?
Hi @Yaniv Kalif -
If you are saying you want to edit screens of multiple projects, then you need to have project admin permissions for those projects.
If you are saying you have all the permissions, and your requirement is that when you change layout of one project, then simultaneously it changes the layout of other projects too, then you need to have SAME screen names for all those projects. Simply, create one common screen scheme for all projects.
Eg, if project A uses screen scheme XYZ, then projects B, C, D,etc should also have same screen scheme XYZ for their issue types.
Let me know if that helps.
Thanks,
Simar
thanks @simarpreet singh
I do have admin permissions and im trying to edit projects who uses the same scheme and same screen but only the specific project is changed.
I'm referring to the new issue view. it looks like you can edit only this specific project
I am also facing a similar issue. Do let me know as well if you find out any helpful guide.
Hi Yaniv (and Gail):
Using the Issue Layout functionality you have in your screenshot above is specifically implemented so that it can be changed for one project only. Even though the same screen scheme is used by multiple projects.
To change the screen for all projects that use that scheme, you have to change the screen inside the scheme itself - not with the Issue Layout.
1. Go to Settings > Issues > Screens
2. Search for the Screen you want to change
3. Click on Configure to the far right for that screen
4. Add/Subtract the fields you want to change and/or drag the fields up/down to reorder.
I hope that helps!
thanks a lot john
so just to make it clear for me... this means we cannot change the issue layout (not the screen but the layout it displayed on the "view") for multiple projects but only for one project each time
correct?
Correct! The only thing you can do for all projects is change the order of the fields
Hey,
I would glad to know also.
I checked out the Scheme Screen for one project. and the fields' order is ok.
When I have Created a new issue there - the fields' order is still the same as the scheme.
But, in Edit / View issue state - the order is different.
I assume that in Layout setting for that project the case will be resolved. But which efficient solution is suggested for a multiple projects with this Screen Scheme ?
Thanks in Advance
Shira
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.