I have tried everything and have heard this used to work. We would like to add two fields to the default template so every time we create a new project the two fields are added. I don’t want to have to associate the new fields with the new projects screens every time I create new projects. It should happen automatically.
In reviewing past topics it seems someone suggested a workaround to create a default project and when creating new projects share the properties of this new projects. And that actually works but then the new project has no boards or backlog. So I have traded one issue for another.
It seems this should be basic Jira functionality to be able to add a field to a default template and have any projects currently using the template to be updated, and any new projects created would have the new field as well. Help!