Anybody else think the new search engine sucks?
I can't get any good results.
I'm trying to search "sslvpn-lax10" and it's giving me every result for lax10 or sslvpn.
Am I doing it wrong?
Have you tried quoting your search? That is an exact term search meaning it will only pull back pages where the terms in the quotes are exactly matched in the page. If you leave the quotes off Confluence is trowing out the "-" and seeing two search terms sslvpn and lax10 and it is doing an implied OR between the term. The below search (with the quotes) should only pull back pages with sslvpn-lax10 in them. I tested this on my system by creating three pages. One had sslvpn-lax10, one had sslvpn, and one had lax10. When I searched for sslvpn-lax10 without the quotes I saw all three pages in the results. When I search using quotes I only saw the one page.
"sslvpn-lax10"
Well, yes.
You can't search for parts of words you need to type the entire word for it to try to match anything.
You can search for parts of words using the ? and * search wildcards.
I would get that if the Search box wasn't "live"
But in a Live search box, just assume that I want "*<searchstring>*" all the time
I think it is a bit of six of one half a dozen of the other. For instance if you assume wildcards all the time then anytime you want exact terms you would have to quote every term like such.
"foo" "bar" "baz"
Confluence uses a product called Lucene for the search aspect and that is how Lucene works. The search engine isn't actually developed by Atlassian.
Hm - frankly speaking.. yes. Many users already mentioned that the new panel search got worse:
So - from our perspective the usability got worse. Furthermore the users expects that the search will finde parts of the words like *word* - I agree with Ddavin Studer.
It shouldn't throw out things I search with.
If It gets hits with sslvpn-lax10 it should show them, if it in addition to that also showed hits for sslvpn and lax10 that might be OK.
Confluence search, and the left panel are worse than ever before. Things that were easy to find before are now difficult. Not impressed with Confluence product as whole. Leaves a lot to be desired in a corporate environment.
we solved it by providing GPT4 with Confluence and semantic searchhttps://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1230358/kami?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
check okami confluence plugin
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.