As part of the workflow I want to have parallel approvals from between 2 to 4 teams before a change can go forward for CAB approval. Each of the potential 4 teams have their own list of authorised approvers. The ideal would be that all members of all of the 4 teams are notified but if at least 2 approve then it goes into awaiting CAB approval.
This is what I did. You can easily modify it
Approvals
You want several groups to approve an issue before proceeding. It requires a bit of work on the workflow, but simple stuff. I use project roles for user permissions.
Create a select list for each area with N/A, Yes, No options
Create a transition from the status where you want them to approve for each group with the condition of only users in 'that' project role can execute it and the related select list must be empty. Each group will only see their transition and it isn't set. Have the transition go back to the initial status.
As each group completes the goes through their transition to approve or deny the transitions will disappear.
Now you need to decide how to proceed if there is a No selected by any group. I usually open a transition to a status of something like Rework Needed, or More Information Needed. and then go through the approving status again. If all options are Yes of N/A I make a transition to the next status available.
@Joe Pitt would it be possible to share a picture of the looping transition and the related approval process
No. I did it on a past job.
would it be possible for you to do a mock up for us? or would there be any way for us to connect with you?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.