Hi
I am currently trying to configure reports using the better PDF export plugin for Jira.
https://www.midori-global.com/products/better-pdf-exporter-for-jira/cloud/documentation/template-configuration?utm_source=jpdfc&utm_medium=template&utm_campaign=gh&utm_content=gantt-chart-fo
I am having difficulty understanding what and how I change html code as I am not a coder. Has anyone had experience with this?
Thanks
Hi @jinali-p
If I'm correct, you are trying to set up the Gantt Chart PDF report in Better PDF Exporter, right?
For a basic use case, you don't have to modify anything on the template or in any HTML. The Gantt chart report works from the Start Date and End Date values of Jira issues. If you have those configured for every issue you are exporting, the chart comes alive!
So make sure you have Start and End dates configured, and if you still have difficulties, get in touch with our friendly support people by opening a ticket, so they can give you a hand.
Hi @Levente Szabo _Midori_
Thank you for the response. What i just wanted to check is which field's are these in Jira as i have some custom fields that i have created including Start Date, Actual Completion and we use the Due date OOB. So is the end date the due date field? OR is it picking up the done status in the kanban board board?
Cheers
In this case, you can (and should) explicitly specify the custom field ID that represents the start and end date values for you in the template. (Here are all the parameters you can specify for your Gantt Chart PDF report)
If you open up your gantt.chart-fo.vm template that comes with the app, it's right at the top of the document:
#set($startDateCustomFieldId = YOUR_CF_ID) ## should be a Date Picker type custom field#set($endDateCustomFieldId = YOUR_CF_ID) ## should be a Date Picker type custom field
Replace YOUR_CF_ID with the right custom field IDs, save the template, and you are good to go.
@Levente Szabo _Midori_ thank you so much will have a try. Also if I want to amend the view eg monthly view which code do I change here ? Cheers
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.