According to https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver080/configuring-email-notifications-967897768.html, I should be able to turn on the batching of email. However, I don't see this as an option in my admin settings. I'm running JIRA Cloud.
Hi Shawn - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Batching in the link is for the Server version. You should click on the Cloud tab at the time. Or this link might take you straight there.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-email-notifications-776636790.html
There is no batching listed under the Cloud version.
What is it that you are trying to do exactly?
I'm trying to limit the number of emails JIRA is sending so we don't hit rate limits.
Right now even though I've upgraded to Standard, every day I get an alert from JIRA that email sending is suspended because we've sent too many. Our team is only 10 people strong so I don't think the answer should be to upgrade past Standard. How else can I make sure JIRA will always send email notifications without changing the notification scheme (meaning, I still want Reporter, Assignee, and Watchers to et emails when things change)?
I would start with why so many emails are getting sent.
Why does every person on a ticket need to get notified when every single thing happens? That's eating up your emails, but your users HAVE to hate that.
Why not create a dashboard for each user and setup an activity stream on each dashboard. That way they can go look at everything that has happened whenever they want to. And NO emails!!!
People are probably not reading those emails anyway. Or you have have Automation for Jira send updates to Slack.
Lots of ways around the email thing. :-)
Also, take a look at this. It's a brand new feature rolling out from Automation For Jira. Might be the bulk email thing you want. :-)
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Sending-an-email-with-a-list-of-issues-using-Automation-for-Jira/qaq-p/1192501?utm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=immediate_general_reply&utm_content=topic
Read to the bottom to see the latest.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.