Hi. Can somebody please tell me how to set email alerts for approaching or passed due dates? I have only seen suggestions for hacks from users and they require that I write code. I'm just looking for a simple out of the box solution. Thanks.
Hi @Eric.Braverman
Create a filter first based on due date like due <= -2d order (overdue).
Then create filter subscription to receive emails based on that filter.
Ravi
Hi Ravi, thanks for your response. It is greatly appreciated but it is still a bit vague for me. What are the step by step instructions for simply creating automatic custom alerts for pending or passed due dates for individual issues. Thanks again.
Hi @Eric.Braverman -- Welcome to the Atlassian community!
You originally asked for a simple, out-of-the-box solution to send notifications for approaching due dates, and Ravi has provided that.
It appears you are now asking for something more complex: custom alerts for individual issues.
If you indeed need something with custom emails rather than the list of due items, please consider learning about JIRA automation rules as that is included with JIRA and can do what you are asking. Look here for some information:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/automate-your-jira-cloud-processes-and-workflows/
https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/expand-jira/automation
Best regards,
Bill
Hi, Thank you. No. I am still looking for the same simple way to set email notifications based on pending Due Dates. I appreciate Ravi's reply but either I don't have the capabilities with my free account or Ravi assumed that I have a more advanced understanding of Jira than I actually do. I've done the homework and tried to follow his instructions but they don't start from step 1 for me. I can't find anywhere to enter the syntax that will actually accept what he gave me above... due <= -2d order (overdue) I keep getting errors when I try to enter it. Thanks, Eric
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.