We are using Google Apps accounts to sign into Bitbucket. When team members first signed in, they created new Bitbucket users and set their Bitbucket usernames freely.
E.g., I logged in using my Google Apps account itamar@company.com, but since "itamar" is already taken as a Bitbucket username, I chose the username "itamar_company".
Now we want to use JIRA OnDemand, using the same Google Apps accounts. But JIRA OnDemand sets the usernames straight from our emails (e.g. my username is "itamar" and I can't change it).
When importing issues from Bitbucket issue tracker to JIRA OnDemand, the Bitbucket users are imported along, and we are left with two inconsistent sets of users (e.g. "itamar" is the user I can actually use with JIRA OnDemand, but "itamar_company" is the user that has issues assigned, and the user who is active on Bitbucket).
Is there a way to "merge" users on JIRA OnDemand? Or force it to use our Bitbucket usernames?