This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Page Restrictions
The documentation states that a Space admin can edit page restrictions. I was trying to do so, but as I don't have view permissions even for the page, it appears it doesn't let me do so, even if I have Space admin rights.
It was a broken index, support fixed it, thanks support!
https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-189333
You have rights to edit the page rights, not the page itself. So you have to edit the page restrictions first, then you can edit. Go to space tools to view the restricted pages, and change from there (Space Tools -> Page Restrictions). There you will see a list and a note:
Restricted pages are those that have had either 'View' or 'Edit' restrictions enabled on the page edit screen.
This page allows a space admin to remove any page restriction within this space.
I didn't mean edit the page, I meant this page restriction/rights editing is failing. Whenever I click on a lock icon to remove a restriction, it just goes to the page. The page then shows: "You do not have permission to view this page." And also above it shows a warning, confirming I do have space admin rights: "You have temporary access to administrative functions. Drop access if you no longer require it. For more information, refer to the documentation."
There's also no way in the page restrictions edit page, to add my admin user to be able to edit the page.
atlassian_page_permission_space_admin_fail.png
Check the permissions tab under space tools to see if you have a green check mark under Restrictions. If you don't then, you may need a member of confluence-admin to enable it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.