I am trying to figure out, how I can fetch the remaining estimates of all issues that belong to an specific epic and sum it up into the Epic´s remaining estimate field. I need the aggregated value for reporting purposes and I assumed it would be possible as it is listed in this blog entry https://blog.codebarrel.io/calculated-customfields-and-math-expressions-5eacad80e4e8 (at least as I read it) but I couldn`t manage. Can someone help me with this?
Hi @Anja Dold
What are you seeing work or not work?
Looking at that posting regarding estimates, there appear to be some typos in the JSON. So, if you directly copy/pasted that, check for errors in the field names.
Best regards,
Bill
Hi Bill,
thanks for the answer, what I wanted to achieve was not put in the text as a JSON example but only mentioned on the list of examples. By now, I have clarified with atlassian support, that actually - despite the example mentioned in the text - it is NOT possible at this point to aggregate all remaining estimate values of child issues into the remaining estimate field of the parent epic.
Anja
Hi Anja,
That is an interesting response from support. Are they indicating that the remaining estimate field is not accessible from automation smart values? If it is accessible, you should be able to sum up the values, either into the parent or a custom field, using an automation rule.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.