Hi all, my name is Eric, I'm a software engineer at a IT company, and we use JIRA to track our R&D and customer issues.
But with issues become more and more, I find it's difficult to manage the issues with current mechanism:
As you can see, we usually use "Label" to classify the issues and show some information on common concern, so the team always need to have unified principle and guideline to label the issues.
But mostly these labels doesn't tell how I see this issue or how I'm relevant to it, so those public labels doesn't help much pick out the issues we are interested in or get involved when we want to check what we need to next. And the bigger scope the issue is in, the less the labels helps to filter.
Maybe you will say, you could "watch" the issues you are interested in and be the "assignee" of issues you are involved.
But, I can watch issues for different reasons but the watching action can't tell; and a issue may get more than one involved, but the assignee can only be one.
So, I would really like a better and more convenient method of managing the issues relevant to me when the "label" can't be easily change at my will.
Nowadays, I come up a suggestion of dealing with this:
I think we could add a new attribute to issues, let's call it "Private Label".
The "Private Label" is like "Label", you can use it to show some tag or information on this issue,e.g. "blocking-my-xx-progress", "big-one-for-me", "my-backlog", but it's private.
Everyone can edit the "Private Label" on the same issue, but they can only see their own version. And the "Private Label" they used, won't be shown as others' label alternatives.
With "Private Label", we could easily label how this issue is relevant to us without disturbing others and make the management of issues more convenient, thus help us to do our job!
So, how do you like this suggestion, please don't hesitate if you have any better idea!
Thanks for you attention, best wishes!