Is there a limit in the size of the files?
I am not aware of any storage limits. I support a very large JIRA Project/Agile but I do not encounter one.
Is there a reason on why you ask?
Yes. You can limit upload sizes in the "attachments" section if you want, but probably more relevant is the absolute limit of 25Gb you have on a Cloud system. (On server, you're only limited by your own hardware choices)
And here I thought he was not talking about the attachments
That's possible, yes. I always look at the attachments because they're the thing to worry about. The data in the database is usually a tiny fraction of the space consumed by attachments. I remember getting backups measured in Mb for Jira systems with hundreds of thousands of issues, and hundreds of Gb of attachment data. I think the space taken up by the installation and database are generally negligible (and there's no sane way to say "project X takes up Y kb in the database", you'd have to unpick every row in every table to calculate it)
A picture is worth a thousand words. An attachment takes three orders of magnitude more space than text data?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.