If I have an issue opened in full screen how can I move it to the board for the project? I know I can do this from the backlog view by clicking on the context menu but I want to be able to do this from the issue view without switching to the backlog.
A board is a view of issues, not a container. They select issues to view.
So, it's not "move", it's "make issue match the selection for the board".
Project boards select on "issue is in my project".
This is not the most helpful response. In the next gen project it clearly says "move to" as you can see in the attached screenshot (regardless of what is technically going on with containers). How can I move an issue from the issue view and not from the backlog view?
Yes, Atlassian have dumbed-down some things with Next-gen and used misleading phrases like "move to board". The issue view does not have any context of a board, because a board is a view, not a container.
To "move to board" from an issue view, you need to edit the issue, changing the data on it so that it matches what the board is selecting.
How do I do that? Could you provide the steps I need to take?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.