Hi,
Is it possible to have the JIRA REST API return XML instead of JSON ?
I can't find anything related to XML in the Jira cloud rest api documentation.However if you want to get XML from an issue:https://your-jira-instance.atlassian.net/si/jira.issueviews:issue-xml/ABC-1/ABC-1.xml
Tried with any kind of issuetypes and it works.A big benefit is that it saves you alot of headache when doing multiple rest API calls for fields (array or object) with string values in ACE, because the display values are presented in XML.This just with a single request. Please inform me if I am wrong. So far, I didn't come across documentation about it, but it an existing feature in the issue menu:Even better, you can (according to the comment lines in output) even restrict the results like so:https://your-jira-instance.atlassian.net/si/jira.issueviews:issue-xml/ABC-1/ABC-1.xml?field=key&field=summary&field=description&field=reporter
Thanks for posting. Since the post, have you found any documentation at all on the Jira XML API?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.