The field 'Version' is mandatory in all projects in my Jira Cloud instance, how do I create a project where 'Version' is optional? I've looked through Field Configuration Schemes and they just don't make sense!
Hi @Flo_Ratcliffe ,
You can copy the existing field configuration and do the changes to make the version optional in the copied scheme.
Now associate the copied scheme to the project where you want the filed as non mandatory.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/adding-editing-and-deleting-a-field-configuration-844500796.html
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-a-field-configuration-scheme-844500805.html
-Bibek
Thanks, that's really helpful. How do I copy the existing field configuration? I've looked at the pages you linked but I can't seem to figure it out.
Hi Flo - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
You actually modify the Field Configuration for the Issue Type in question. Or all of them under the Field Configuration Scheme. The Scheme is actually just a collection of the Field Configurations. See the document that Bibek shared above for details and post back here if you have problems.
I hope that helps!
You can copy a fields configuration from the available configuration using the copy option. later on associate to the project and issue type based on your requirement.
The list of configuration will have a url something like
yourjira.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewFieldLayoutSchemes.jspa
Go to Settings > Issues > Field Configurations
When you get to the list, simply click on Copy for the FC you want to copy.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.