I want to figure exactly what is included in an issues changelog. For instance, if a user downloads an attachment, or edits a description but cancels before saving, would this show up in the changelog, or anywhere else?
Hi @[deleted],
welcome to the community.
As far as I know, downloads of attachements or viewing the issue is never shown in the changelog, as this does not change the issue.
If you add an attachment or edit something, this will be logged.
If you cancel before you save, this should not be logged, as this is no change to the issue.
The change log records changes to the issue.
Viewing an issue or cancelling an edit do not lead to changes, so they're not recorded.
Hi @[deleted]
Yes, the changelog includes only saved changes.
If you want to analyze it in more detail, try Issue History app. It lets you avoid manual searching of the changelog for each issue and have a data export feature.
I hope, this info is helpful.
Best regards, Mariana.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.