I'm trying to write some automation rules, and I was wondering if there is a way to do an "If: any match" rather than the "If: all match". It seems like something that should be pretty straightforward but I can't figure it out!
Hello @Fook Lee you should try using if/else scenarios to do that. If they aren't a lot, that should be a good option
Sorry - I didn't see this. I'm already using if/else scenarios, but right now I have to duplicate my entire workflows for different scenarios because the if/else scenario only supports "if: all match".
hello @Fook Lee sorry for the delay on the response. What do you mean by If only supports all match? I believe that's the purpose of the else scenario to have the OR scenario. Can you share your automation rule to see if I can better assist you?
i guess he means something like this:
if a then...else if b or c or d then...else...
As you can see the else if in the middle is a any match. But right now Jira only supports all match. The advantage of any match in this case is of course saving a lot of repeating. In Jira as it is you would need to write the same part for the cases b, c and d.
years later, not googling this up for the first time, again surprised this elementary functionality everyone would expect is still missing...
anyway, you can (although it's not elegant) switch the logic:instead of:if (a OR b OR c) {do this}else {do that}create the rule:if (NOT a AND NOT b AND NOT c) {do that}else {do this}
also sometimes it could help to split one more complex rule in two/three more simple ones
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.