What is the best method to export all JIRA users in the system? I want to produce a CSV (or similar).
Note this is the on demand version
JIRA Command Line Interface getUserList will produced a csv file. For JIRA (as opposed to Confluence), it requires a group. You can usually use users for OnDemand unless you have made changes from the default behaviour.
You can not create user backups on the OnDemand platform yourself. Depending on your needs, this might be something we can assist you with if you create a support case at support.atlassian.com
Thanks Bob, i was hoping to be able to export from within the system as we have couple of Administrators that time to time would like to audit logins and make inactive users that have left.
It's bizarre that you can't do a simple export from Administration for the User List displayed. I have added a request for this, please vote for it: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-23783
There is always Jira REST API (https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/) and export data in a manner that fits you best.
The Active User Filter add-on (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/cr.tin.ActiveUserFilter.active-user-filter/server/overview) allows you to export users to CSV.
With the Better Excel Plugin you can export all user information to a customizable Excel spreadsheet, post-process in Excel (if necessary) and then convert to CSV if that fits your use case better than an XLSX file.
The default Excel file will contain the following data for each user account:
See: http://www.midori-global.com/products/jira-better-excel-plugin/documentation/user-export
excel-user-export.png
here is an example how I did it:
{code}
http --auth username https://jira.url.org/rest/api/2/group/member\?groupname\=jira-users\&maxResults\=140 | jq '.values | .[]| .key' | tr -d '"' >> active_jira_user.txt
Hi,
I would like to ask how you run this command? Thanks
@Rodolfo - I do it on the terminal (bash/zsh on Linux or Unix(MacOS)) but I guess it runs on Windows CMD as well.
Tools:
* Jira Rest API
* httpie - a human curl
* jq - a parser for json on commandline
* tr - a bash command to remove '"'
I believe it works with postman as well.
I hope it helps
Cheers Lars
I would have to agree.
It is 2020 and we still can't do simple export of users like we can export the issues
If you have access to your DB tool, ours in Sequel, you can query the table that the users are stored on and export that. Not the most user friendly, but that's the only way I know of at the moment.
For example, our JIRA db instance is named 'jiradb2' and the full table name in this environment is 'jiraschema.cwd_user'.
SQL would be:
use jiradb2;
select * from jiraschema.cwd_user;
You can narrow you results by specifying the column(s) instead of getting them all.
I am not sure about Jira Server but if you are using Jira Cloud (on-demand), then this feature is already implemented (no need to install third party add-on).
Admin users can export all Jira users to CSV file.
Here is how I use it:
See the screenshot I took from our Jira Cloud instance below.
Hi is there any way to do this if you are not an admin?
Unfortunately you need to be admin to export users.
How do I use this for my company?
https://admin.atlassian.com
Still can't
I used SQL Query if you have database access. YOu need only read access.
Select Jira.dbo.cwd_membership.parent_name, Jira.dbo.cwd_membership.parent_name, cwd_membership.lower_child_name, Jira.dbo.cwd_user.display_name, Jira.dbo.cwd_user.email_address
from Jira.dbo.cwd_membership
INNER JOIN Jira.dbo.cwd_user ON Jira.dbo.cwd_membership.lower_child_name = Jira.dbo.cwd_user.lower_user_name
you can try one of them. I was able to get group name and its members as well.
we use JIRA CLI as well to getUserlist, AddUserlist also DeactivateUserList, Nice Tool
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.