Hi All,
Just need some information on Jira API Token for Jira Cloud. Will the API token always be alphanumeric or can it have special character too?
Trying to restrict the user from entering invalid characters.
Thanks
Aditya
Hi @[deleted],
Based on my experience, I have always seen alphanumeric characters generated for the API token.
I don't think there is a use case of restricting the user for entering something which is not provided by the token generator.
https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/security/api-tokens
If he/she enters anything other than the generated token, it will not grant access which is the correct behavior.
-Bibek
Hi @Bibek_ikuTeam_
Thank you for your response,
Even as per my investigation, it is always alphanumeric.
It's just that I want to proactively restrict the user from entering any invalid API token rather than making API call then then informing them.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.