I have removed a user from the group JIRA-User, but i am still able to log in as that user, but only have the dashboard visible. how do i prevent that user from logging it at all?
Hi Gavin,
Remove that user from ALL groups.
Also, verify if for some reason this user is in the 'JIRA User' Global Permission. Then, remove him/her from that too.
Please let us know how that works out.
Cheers!
Removing JIRA Application access for that user in the User Management will prevent the user from logging in.
Best Regards,
Ryans
Hi Elisa,
The user is not in any groups, and I've checked the global permission and the user isn't in that either. It looks like all 'users' that I have created are able to log in, despite them not belonging to a single group, and not counting towards my license.
Cheers
Hi Thanks Ryan, I've done that but they are still able to log in and see the dashboard
I agree with Davy, this should have relinquished their ability to see an actual dashboard, but only a "login" page. If you can still actually see a dashboard, I would contact Support and make sure you send them a screenshot.
Do you happen to have the anonymous login (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Managing+anonymous+access) activated?
Setting the user to inactive, prevents him from logging in:
Click on the user > Edit details > uncheck the active box
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.