I have seen a couple of posts, but am not getting a good answer to how I can find the accountId of the user. I know the user email address, so what I have been doing is following this link below:
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v2/#api-rest-api-2-user-bulk-migration-get
I type in the email address as both the username and key and I get this back:
I even tried with the display name
[ { "username": "xxx@hotmail.com", "accountId": "unknown" }]
Why am I getting an unknown?
Thanks
Hello Chan,
Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
Testing using the details you provided, to be honest, I couldn't make the "Get account IDs" work, but the good thing is that there are two other options to get the account id.
The first option is to use the "Group and user picker" API that will return the information about the user using their email address.
curl --request GET \--url 'https://domain.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/groupuserpicker?query=user@domain.com' \--user 'admin@domain.com:A1b2345CdEfgHIJkLMn67O8Q' \--header 'Accept: application/json'
The second option is to use REST API call below directly in the browser:
https://domain.atlassian.net/rest/api/latest/user/search?query=user@domain.com
Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.
Regards,Angélica
Wow... Thanks a lot Angélica. This is amazing.....worked like a charm!
Thanks a lot, it works for me!!
Great! Thanks Angélica. The documentation does not elaborate what the end point expects as query params. Was trying JQL for the whole time without result. Thanks again
This is from the latest documentation:
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-group-and-user-picker/#api-rest-api-3-groupuserpicker-get
https://community.developer.atlassian.com/t/api-to-get-account-id-from-email-address/56847/2?u=mrbeedellrokejulianl mentions similar.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.