Our organization has created a wrapper (my assumption because JIRA UI is complete different from Atlassian) for Jira and hosted in cloud. We use our company's provided smart card to login to that jira account and I have admin access. This is oauth authencation which is turn it's generating JSESSIONID. I can use this JSessionId to access the rest api in postman.
Now how can I have my own rest api which can make a call to jira rest api and fetch issue details.
I tried cookie based authencation it failed since it's on cloud. However i got to know that we can generate an api token in settings security. However as I mentioned our organization jira UI doesn't have that option under settings security.
If I have to use OAUTH, I cannot generate access token as we need to insert smart card and that ja not possible to interprete a request and create access token by entering smart card into reader.
I tried other links suggested in jira. However I could not achieve it.
Please be so kind to give a clear details on how can I achieve this. Sorry for such a lengthy question. Tried to give all information.