Hey! I am following this guide to create a new issue status for my projects called Ongoing. The problem is, I have like 100+ workflows active right now and it is going to take a lot of time to assign this status to each and every workflow. Quick question! Is there any way I can bulk assign the new status to all the workflows?Thank you for your assistance.
No. Jira can't know where to add a step to a workflow or what transitions you might need for it. There's no bulk-edit because you generally don't want people messing with workflows en-masse.
Okay! Thanks for your response Nic, appreciate it.
Hi Haider - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Are all 100 of these workflows different? Or are many of them the same but were created as separate workflows?
Because if they are the same, then you can update one with the new status and attach it to many projects.
Hey John! The workflows are all different and auto generated by Jira.
I would look to see if you could combine those somehow. You if there is only a status or two off, then you could but both statuses in the same workflow and control access via conditions on the transitions.
We have dozens of projects that use a single workflow.
I understand, I am thinking of combining the projects as well.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.