I am trying to make the hierarchy in a next gen project Epic>feature>story>task. Why can't I do that? And what is the purpose of a Feature then?
Hi Robert - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
You might could do that with Portfolio for Jira. But I'm not sure as I don't use that product.
HI @robert_turner - The point is to create something quick and common type of setup. If you want something that is different from the common setup, then use classic project.
right, but my whole point is...why even add "feature" to a next gen when you can put it in the hierarchy? I , like a lot of users, use features for Story mapping and roadmaps. In a next gen, features are sitting there by themselves, it makes no sense. I guess now, I should ask, can I change a next gen project back to a traditional?
@robert_turner - You can follow this guidance to migrate from Next-gen to Classic:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Migrating-from-Classic-to-Next-gen-Software-Projects/qaq-p/918856
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.