I have some bugs set up that should be classified as Stories or Tasks. Can you please let me know how to make that change?
thanks
On the actions menu, use "move issue", unless you have the option to directly click on the issue type "field" and change it on view.
Thanks, Nic. Don't think I'd have sorted that out without your help. I'm surprised what a tedious process that is for such a small tweak.
It's not a "small tweak" in the back end. The issue type is structural, a lot of configuration is hung off it - it determines the workflow and fields for each issue (with the project covering the rest of the config), so Jira has to check that any change of issue type is not going to mangle the data.
Interesting, and I don't doubt that. I was just referring to the user experience, which seems overly complicated. I've read it multiple times and still don't really understand what that first screen with the 'Next' button is saying exactly, other than I'm going to change all Tasks with a check, and even though I selected that option, it didn't change them all. I still had to do each individually. And then there are Confirmation, and Acknowledge screens.
Seriously, first time through I thought it was some sort of ux test/prank.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.