Hello community :-)
Does anyone know, where I can change the code hierarchy in Jira (or if I can change it at all)?
We are starting to use our Jira instance with our team, and in the first test runs one question that came back from the testers was "why is the numbering not hierarchical?"
For example, if I have a project with the code TEST, the first issue, independent of type (epic, story, bug, etc.) will get TEST-1. The next one TEST-2.
My previous experience was that issues are rather numbered regarding their epic (or initiative), then task, subtask, and so on. What we're looking for is that all epics start with TEST-1, Test-2, and so on. The Tasks in the epic would then be TEST-11, TEST-21 and so on (or even better TEST-1-1, TEST-2-1). The subtasks would get TEST-111, TEST211 (or, again, better TEST-1-1-1, Test-2-1-1).
Thanks a lot in advance for your help,
Sebastian