Hi all,
I have a need to implement the following via an automation rule.
1. Parent ticket in project 1
2. Child ticket in project 2 with "depends on" relationship/link to parent ticket in project 1
3. Whenever the due date field on the child ticket in project 2 is updated I would like to copy the due date to the due date field on the parent ticket in project 1.
I have tried various rules but think there may be a fundamental limitation preventing me from doing this. On the Rule Details page for an automation rule there is a "Projects" field to set which projects/tickets the automation rule can act on. I have tried creating automation rules in both the parent and child projects but I can never edit the "Projects" setting on the automation rule details, I cannot figure out how to set it so the rule monitor for ticket changes in project 2 but then act on tickets in project 1.
Can anyone let me know the following:
1. What is necessary to add multiple projects to the Automation Rule details? Is this a permissions issue where I likely do not have correct permissions/entitlements?
2. If I am not able to add the second project to the automation rule details is there any work around the single project limitation for automation rules? It just seems so limiting that a rule can only apply to tickets in a single project.
Thanks!