I have just updated a page to the "New editing experience" mode, and my new experience can be summed up as frustration when it comes to attaching files to a page. When I drop an Excel file to a page I can no longer:
1. Drag the file around on the page to any location.
2. I can not choose to display it as a hyperlink by clicking on it. It displays as a rectangle only. I want to change it to a hyperlink.
3. I can no longer display it inline, or type text next to it.
4. Change the text displayed on it.
5. If you cancel out inserting an file to a page via "Files & images" menu, it will scroll to the top of the page instead of staying at the edit location.
If anyone's new editing experience is also frustration and has figured out a workaround, I'd like to know how to address the above issues!