The fading and animations in JIRA cloud are a total showstopper when working remotely. The effects bring any remote desktop connection totally to its knees. How can we disable this? THIS IS VERY URGENT since due to Corona virus we are obliged to work from home. JIRA is close to unusable vie remote desktop.
Hi Martin - Do you have to use Remote Desktop to connect? Can you not just connect via the web browser outside of remote desktop?
I need both. The unnecessary bells and whistles of UI animation should have the possibility to be disabled. Not only makes it working in remote desktop sessions nearly impossible, also it dramatically slows down older computers. And I am surely only one of millions who have the identical problem. IMHO this should be a priority to fix with Atlassian products, in my case with Jira.
I would go ahead and open a support ticket with Atlassian here:
https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/
I 100% back John up on this. It is a nice to have feature but not functionally necessary. These animations bring my remote connection and computer to its knees. Please make this a configurable option to help make remote connections to these tools more desirable to use.
Not that it helped much...
Hi @Care Knot - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
You should also open a ticket with Atlassian Support. They more they hear, the more likely they are to do something.
@John Funk @Care Knot @Martin Widmer I just submitted a feature request for this same issue.
I've began using a remote desktop client (windows server 2019) over my local machine (windows 10) just based on hardware limitations of my local machine. My local computer when running screenshares for webex meetings, with chrome browser & outlook would max out on CPU usage.
So I pretty much exclusively switched all my tasks to the VM with better specs and found that JIRA is brutally slow & laggy due to the transition affects.
I've enabled all monitors to be used in the Remote connection, so it's incredibly inconvenient to have to use anything locally since it won't overlay on top of the RDP connection.
Can you publish the link to the feature request? Then we can add our votes
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.