The documentation on smart values is rather sparse:
For an automation job I've been trying to figured out how to use smart values to access the "remaining estimate" of an issue:
I tried {{issue.remainingEstimate}} but according to the Audit Log that results in an error?
Furthermore, I've been trying to add an automation rule which is triggered when a work log entry is created. I saw that there is a smart value called "fieldChange" that can be used for this purpose. But there's no example on how to use {{fieldChange.fromString}} and {{fieldChange.toString}}? I've been googling but I haven't found anything helpful so far.
Hello @sdt
Welcome to the community.
To access to the remaining time you need to use this smartvalue:
{{issue.fields.timeestimate}}
If you want to know how to access to a field use this api:
yourURL/rest/api/2/issue/issuekey
You will see all the fields and how they are named.
Here what i understand about the field change.
{{fieldChange.fromString}} : the value the field was holding before my i edite it
{{fieldChange.toString}} : the new value of my field
Hope this helps
Thanks @Mohamed Benziane, your hints were quite helpful. I was able to access the remaining estimate value in the meantime, but strangely {{fieldChange.fromString}} and {{fieldChange.toString}} both return with empty values when I try to access the smart values after a work log entry is created
Can you show us your automation rule ?
and the value which I try to set for Remaining Estimate is:
{{issue.fields.timeestimate}} - {{fieldChange.fromString}} + {{fieldChange.toString}}
I checked the values of fieldChange.xxx with the audit log and they are empty
Hi, I hope this topic page is correct.
I need to sum the logged time of the subtasks and report the result in the logged time of the story. So that the time tracking values of "remaining estimate" of the story will be updated automatically. I already have tried many automations but no one is working.
Thanks for the answers
*sorry for a very late reply here but hopefully it helps others*
Pedro,
What you are attempting to do looks exactly like the default behavior of jira so i don't see a need for automation. If you look at the field called "Σ Remaining Estimate" in issue search you'll see this field represented.
Remaining estimates from subtasks automatically roll up to update the remaining estimate on the parent.
Hi ALL,
would you know as how to convert {{issue.fields.timeestimate}} in days or weeks?
Thanks, Vincenzo.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.