Forgive me for my newbie-ness... I've done a fair bit of googling and couldn't find the answer, so it maybe that I'm just not seeing it, or maybe I've set things up incorrectly!
Anyway, my question is, we have a number of projects - some next-gen projects, some classic. We've built a feature that uses a field across every project - so we have e.g. Field1 as a custom field created once for the classic projects (which shared automatically across them all) and also a Field1 set up for the next-gen projects individually.
Everything works great, except for viewing data... so when I want to see a view of x columns, including the Field1 column, I can't find a way of only showing one Field1 column.
I have to have a view that shows customfieldx, customfieldy, customfieldz - which are all Field1 columns from the different projects. So e.g. customfieldx is the Field1 column from the classic projects, and customfieldy is the Field1 column from the first next-gen project... and so on.
It works, but it means that there's a lot of wasted space, because obviously when it displays a row for the first next-gen project, it only has a value in the customfieldy column.
Hm. Is this making any sense? hehe
In short, is there a way of saying 'there's a custom field called Field1 in all these different projects, show this 1 column with the value from either of those columns across projects'?
I'm almost thinking I need some kind of 'concatenate' function of some kind - where you could say 'Show Field1 column where value(customfieldx)+value(customfieldy)+value(customfieldz)' etc...
Is this something that other people have come across when trying to tie in a single field that goes across all kinds of projects, or is there a better way to do this that doesn't run into that issue?
Thanks!!