Hello Gurus!
I'm relatively new to Jira and was asked to take over the Jira admin role because the guy who worked with Jira left the enterprise. Unfortunately, I cannot turn down this "promotional offer" otherwise I'll join the "gray" line of all those unfortunate people who call themselves jobless!
I presume I have a mess within my Jira portfolio because I cannot deliver what my bosses are asking me to deliver.
The issue is: I have 5 next-gen projects, 4 software classic projects, and 6 business projects. I have one project, let's call it Project "X" - that happened to be the Next-gen Project. Currently, we use this Project "X" to create a backlog and then sprints*** (please see a note how we do it today)
I have found that I can create a filter for all projects and then create a new board to bring all issues into the backlog for a specific project. Unfortunately, it does not work for me. I created a filter where I "collected" all the "To Do" issues for all the projects of the entire portfolio, including the Project "X". Now, when I try to create a new board from the filter, I do not see Project X - the place where I need to plant the board.
Please, can someone give me instructions on what needs to be done to solve this mess? Million thanks in advance for your time.
*** Today, we clone all issues from original projects to Project X!!! It is double the work for my guys since they need to update the statuses, notes, sub-tasks in the parent, and the Project X sites because there is no synchronization between them.