Hi team,
1. Is there a way to sum up values of sub-tasks (for e.g., revenue)to add it to the task issue without using Script runner ?
2. Also is there a way to count the number of labels attached to an issue ?
Thanks in advance!
Hi Shravya - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
1. Yes, you can do that with the Automation For Jira tool built into Jira Cloud.
Now when each issue is created, it will add the desired default label as long as the issue is created in that project. You might need to refresh the page after each issue creation to see it.
You can do this via global rules to apply to all projects also. You'll need to be a Jira Admin/Site Admin, then instead of going to Project Settings, go to Jira Settings (cog icon on left-hand navigation bar) > System > Automation Rules (left-hand menu).
For more on using Automation For Jira see these help pages.
2. I am not aware of any way to count those.
Hi John,
I understand this solution you mentioned, but i was looking more like summing up the values of my Custom Field "Revenue". The context is something like , we have a task for the product team and multiple sales users would create sub tasks for each of their client requirements and the revenue for all the sub tasks can be added to the parent task automatically. Is that possible ?
For 2, my use case is to understand how many users are asking for a product feature and labels was one way i thought could help (multiple sales guys would be adding their customers who require that product feature and we thought addition of all labels of customers). Is there any other way I can use it ?
Kindly suggest.
Yes, every time the value of one field is updated, you can add it to the value of another field. So if you have a total field that has a value of 10 and then you change the value of a different field from 0 to 5, you can have the total field up date to add the current value plus the new value of 5 to make it 15.
Got it, Thanks!
John, I am not seeing how this answer applies to my question. I am trying to add 5 fields together in my ConfiForm, nothing to do with JIRA. I tried formula ([entry.Amount1] + [entry.Amount2] + [entry.Amount3] + [entry.Amount4] + [entry.Amount5] ) but received error:
"Expression: [100+100+++] could not be calculated, Unknown operator '+++' at position 8"
You should really ask this as a new question, but what this means is you can "optional" fields and if you dont provide the values for all fields they stay empty and will fail.
What you shall be doing is to wrap these field values into ZEROIFEMPTY() function
(ZEROIFEMPTY("[entry.Amount1]") + ZEROIFEMPTY("[entry.Amount2]") + ZEROIFEMPTY("[entry.Amount3]") + ZEROIFEMPTY("[entry.Amount4]") + ZEROIFEMPTY("[entry.Amount5]"))
https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Supported+math+operators%2C+formulas+and+functions
I am not familiar with CondiForm - sorry.
Thanks Alex I had that in my Rule but it was giving me the wrong answer, but if I enter in the Field formula its works. It would be nice to know what the Rule gives me the wrong answer. Because using the rule is nice to show the total right away to the user.
Thanks very much.
I my case I only have SIL Engine (vendor cPrime) and I need to sum up numbers attachment files in sub-tasks and shows it on task. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Hannah
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.