I would like to be able to use smart values (https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/find-the-smart-value-for-a-field/) ... In the custom data for the automation. Is this possible?
For example I add project, service, stage custom context fields to a story, and then I want to refer to them in the POST custom data setup for the 'Send web request' automation component.
{"project": {{project.value}},"service": {{service.value}},"stage": {{stage.value}}}
Hey Rob - Take a look here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/use-smart-values-to-access-listed-values/?_ga=2.145298996.1897321655.1586174429-1313086432.1576012938
Well I did make a new field (called project in this example)and tried a few ways to reference it in the post body
{{project}}
{{project.value}}
{{customfield_10031}}
{{customfield_10031.value}}
When I look at the automation audit log, the value for this field is not getting resolved. Perhaps I am not using the right syntax?
attached are a few pics.
WOW - that's a lot more in depth for my experience for this type of automation.
I suspect that creating a custom field called project will give you other problems down the road. Why did you name it that and it will probably get confused with the system Project field. Not sure that is your problem, but it could be.
Having said all of that, I would suggest going ahead and opening a support ticket with Atlassian here:
https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/
project was just an arbitrary argument name. I just renamed to project1 and re-tried, same issue.
The use case was just to enable an easy way for the person working the JIRA ticket to fire off a call to some REST service. My thought was to use the new JIRA automation to call my REST service, but I want the parameters to just pulled from JIRA ticket fields or allow the JIRA user to adjust them before they manually run the automation step. I am trying to avoid developing a custom "connected" app.
Does anyone know if Smart values are supported for automation in NEX-GEN. Did Atlassian make progress?
Simple as due date which is not even a custom field I can't get it to work :-(
My rules work perfectly in Classic but not in Next Gen
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.