I am trying to integrate Jenkins with Jira cloud. But i see so many plugins available in Jenkins for Jira. I'm not sure which one is the right one to use. what is Atlassian official plugin for Jenkins. what exactly is the difference between those plugins. can you also suggest me the primary use case in this Jenkins-Jira integration.
Hello @Ashok ,
The official way to integrate Jira Software with Jenkins is described in the below documentation page that also provides some use cases and examples:
Please review above page and let us know if you have further questions.
Cheers,Dario
@Dario B Thank you for the reply. I got the answer.
You are very welcome @Ashok , happy to know this answered your question!
Hey @Dario B can we discuss something about this plugin Jira here? As this plugin is not official one from Atlassian.
Hi, how we can send buildInfo from develop branch? We can't keep Jira id in develop branch. Please advise.
Hello @Arumugam Subramanian ,
I believe that this is documented in: Integrate Jira Cloud with Jenkins
Specify custom logic to get issue keys By default, the plugin extracts issue keys from all the commit messages in the change log of the build. It is possible to override this behavior to add your own logic and supply the list issue keys as an issueKeys parameter. jiraSendDeploymentInfo site: '<sitename>.xyz.net', environmentId: 'us-prod1', environmentName: 'us-prod2', environmentType: 'production', issueKeys: ['DEV-001', 'DEV-002']
Specify custom logic to get issue keys
By default, the plugin extracts issue keys from all the commit messages in the change log of the build. It is possible to override this behavior to add your own logic and supply the list issue keys as an issueKeys parameter.
jiraSendDeploymentInfo site: '<sitename>.xyz.net', environmentId: 'us-prod1', environmentName: 'us-prod2', environmentType: 'production', issueKeys: ['DEV-001', 'DEV-002']
For more details on this topic, you may want to review below links:
Finally, for the future, please avoid adding a question to a thread that is already marked as resolved. Creating a new question would be the best way to go.
@Dario B In the above reply deployment info you were mentioned but I want build info only update in jira and the next one is issue keys first we need to create in jira and that issue keys we need to pass here or what?
project key I know but what is that issue keys?
@Arunraj
This is not the reply to your question, the reply to your question is ABOVE and in there I have written:
If you want to have the build info displayed into a Jira issue development panel, then you need to have an existing issue in Jira ....
As regarding the issue key, you can find all the information in:
Issue keys are made up of two parts: The project key (SMART in the screenshot above) A sequential number
Issue keys are made up of two parts:
Also, as already mentioned in above reply:
@Dario B For jiraSendDeploymentInfo I am fetching the issueKey from the commit of my git branch which successfully updates the Deployment. But the same thing I want to do with jiraSendBuildInfoIs there a way we can make use of issueKey for jiraSendBuildInfo as well?Or is this mandatory to create a branch name with a Jira Ticket ID to send the BuildInfo?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.