I am trying to integrate Jenkins with Jira cloud. But i see so many plugins available in Jenkins for Jira. I'm not sure which one is the right one to use. what is Atlassian official plugin for Jenkins. what exactly is the difference between those plugins. can you also suggest me the primary use case in this Jenkins-Jira integration.
Hi @Ashok
I had a quick look and it seems this is the "Official" one for Jira Software Cloud. Do note, however, that I have run into cases with some plugins that paid, third-party ones often have rather more functionality, if needed, than the "official" ones. That said, this one might get you going.
@Mike Rathwell Thank you for the Response. I also saw that this https://plugins.jenkins.io/jira/ plugin have more installs than original one in Jenkins. Because it got more functionality or is there any particular reason?
And two more other questions.
1. Is Atlassain only supports https? i'm not able to create web-hook for local host Jenkins.
2. why Jenkins app logo URL is mandatory to create OAuth credentials in Jira?
and again thanks for help.
Ok... I am going to be guessing a bit here @Ashok since we are a Circle CI shop but...
I find often that the third party ones do offer a lot more functionality than "official" ones quite often and why I mentioned in my original response so I wouldn't shy away from them. They are all worth a shot to find that magic bullet.
Given the above questions, the one you cite in your response might actually be easier as your local Jenkins instance is posting the REST API of Jira Cloud and would need only credentials that can connect.
@Mike Rathwell Thank you. I got it.
Hi @Ashok,
You can try the out-of-box solution OpsHub Integration Manager for your requirement.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215532/opshub-integration-manager-free-edition?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
OpsHub Integration Manager supports the integration of 50+ ALM, DevOps, ITSM, and CRM systems. OpsHub Integration Manager has a robust architecture and design that helps in managing data in multiple systems in an accurate, reliable, and scalable manner.
For support connect directly to sales@opshub.com
Thanks @Brad Peterson , i will look into that.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.